To: gigs-q4jce-1295605660@craigslist.org
I'd love to do the gig! I have acting experience and, although I've yet to
play a psychic, I have watched real psychics at work. I know how they read
people by observing their physical appearance and mannerisms. I know how they
stay in character, and I know I can do it too. I have the confidence and the
chutzpah!
I respect my audience and will be very careful about what I suggest to them in
case it influences decisions they make. If absolutely necessary, like any
honest psychic, I will break character.
--Joel
________________________________________________________________
Mark A. Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 2:08 PM
To: "Joel E."
Hi Joel,
Do you have any references, link, pic, resume that I can look at?
Do you have your own costume and table setup?
We really want the reader to be legit if not at least look legit.
Mark
________________________________________________________________
Joel E.
To: Mark A.
Hi, Mark.
For these kinds of performances, I wear the average garb of modern Chinese
peasants -- loose-fitting blouse and pants, kind of like what you might see on
some of the older folks in Chinatown. It's more believable this way. I find
that it's best to be subtle. With this subtlety I'll be transformed into a
completely legit reader. Rather than a obviously costumed fraud, I'll be a
real-deal, no-kidding, genuine psychic.
Attached is a picture of me playing an Oriental Aristocrat. I'm in the left
panel of the picture. The panel on the right shows Paul Reubens playing a
German Aristocrat.
Cheers!
--Joel
2 comments:
...sooooo you're booking him right?
haha brilliant
Post a Comment